Always stay fit. It is an easy thing to say. We live in a world that moves fast, thinks fast and acts fast.
That’s just in the moments when we are not consumed by our work. Our lifestyle dictates our daily routine and shapes our habits. For some, living healthy is just a lifestyle, for some it is the only choice they have.
Being physically fit was once essential for survival.
Run more quickly than the predator pursuing you. Carry water in gallons a mile from your house. Have the strength to construct your own home.
Being physically fit was a byproduct of the lives that most people led.
Times have changed. The world has evolved. We spend our days in offices, shackled to chairs, and barely have time to walk home.
Our bodies are evolving into things they weren’t intended to be. What should we do in response? Making a decision after making a choice is the first step.
Table of Contents
What Happens When SHTF Occours?
The weakest and slowest people will be the first to fail when SHTF. however well-prepared they may be.
The inability to complete tasks independently will be your downfall.
Your heart giving out because you haven’t run for years and your body failing from illness are logical consequences, not remote possibilities. You nod in agreement and say, “Yeah, I want to avoid that.”
How to Start Becoming Fit?
Baby steps – That is the key. Create the mental habit of practicing, and keep it in the back of your mind at all times.
Start devoting some time to completing that thought. Start with 15 minutes of stretching and exercise, then extend it to 30 minutes by adding push-ups and sit-ups. Continue to extend your workout.
Create a schedule – Being fit is not just exercising. You have already started planning everything else, just apply those habits to exercises. Asses your needs, find your weaknesses and work on them.
As your body begins to change, you change your routine as well. Ajust according to your needs. There are plenty of video tutorials to satisfy any exercise requirement.
Alter Your Routine, Be Flexible – Exercise alone does not make someone fit. Establish a schedule. Applying those habits to exercises is all you need to do since you’ve already begun planning everything else.
Consider your needs, identify your weaknesses, and make improvements. You alter your routine as your body starts to change.
Make adjustments based on your needs. You can find a video tutorial to fit any exercise requirement online.
5 Recommended Ways For Preppers To Get Fit
Staying in good physical shape is crucial for preppers, as it enhances your ability to handle physical tasks, endure challenging situations, and respond effectively during emergencies. Here are five exercises that can help preppers stay in shape:
- Cardiovascular Conditioning:
- Running: Running is an excellent way to build endurance and improve cardiovascular health. It’s a functional exercise that mimics scenarios where you may need to cover distances quickly.
- Hiking: Hiking on varied terrains with a weighted backpack simulates the type of movement you might encounter in a bug-out situation, and it also strengthens your leg muscles.
- Strength Training:
- Bodyweight Exercises: Push-ups, pull-ups, squats, and burpees are effective bodyweight exercises that improve overall strength and require minimal equipment.
- Weight Lifting: Strength training with weights or resistance bands can help you build muscle, which is essential for carrying gear and performing physically demanding tasks.
- Flexibility and Mobility:
- Stretching: Regular stretching exercises help prevent injuries, increase range of motion, and relieve muscle tension.
- Functional Training:
- CrossFit: CrossFit workouts incorporate a variety of functional movements, including lifting, running, and bodyweight exercises, making it suitable for preppers looking for well-rounded fitness.
- Obstacle Course Training: Obstacle course races and training can enhance your agility, coordination, and problem-solving abilities, which are crucial skills for preppers.
- Skill-Based Training:
- Martial Arts: Learning self-defense through martial arts not only improves physical fitness but also equips you with essential skills for personal protection.
- Wilderness Survival Training: Participating in survival courses teaches outdoor skills, navigation, and wilderness fitness, preparing you for off-grid scenarios.
Creating New Habits
Your motivation to get better at what you do will increase as you become more aware of your capabilities.
Your old habits will have been replaced by new ones, and your desire to stay fit will begin to transform you from the inside out. You’ll consider yourself to be a prepper, a machine built to endure any circumstances.
Seize every opportunity you have throughout the day to become just that.
Just by doing the little things, you can turn everything into a game or a contest with yourself. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
You desire delivery? Get it on your own. Walk your city on foot.
Develop your situational awareness. You desire to construct a cabin? You should cut those trees. Also, use an axe. Every day that goes by, your tools for putting your imagination into action get better.
Being fit is more than just a physical endeavor.
Additionally crucial is your mental health.
Making wise decisions is crucial. Be calm and mindful while letting go of any stored stress.
Anything that could harm you should be changed. Begin with your eating and sleeping patterns. Your body is supported by them.
Find harmony in everything you do. Pay attention to your inner voice and follow it.
As I previously stated, it’s not an easy task, but by the time you read this article, you will have undergone a change, and a changed person is capable of anything.